Projects, styling & production: Lotte Dekker & Gieke Van Lon of Humade
This ‘tree’ option is a playful alternative to the original with an invitingly soft touch.
You will need
- 100cm x 180cm wool felt
- Metal ruler
- Fabric scissors
- Sewing machine/overlocker
- White cotton
- 2cm x 20cm leather strap
- 60cm metal hoop (from a haberdashery/craft store)
- 3cm-wide ribbon
- Small piece of canvas
- Copper spray paint
- Small safety pins
1. Cut 8 triangles out of the felt measuring 100cm tall x 38cm at the base. Using a sewing machine or overlocker on the zigzag stitch setting, stitch the longer sides together, leaving the seams outwards.
2. Create a small hole at the top of the tree. Pull the hole inwards and carefully thread through your leather strap. Create a loop and secure it with a few stitches on the inside of the treetop.
3. Fix the hoop to the bottom of the tree by folding the base of the triangles around the hoop and securing with a small stitch.
4. Thread the ribbon through the leather loop to hang up your tree.
5. To make the tree decorations, cut out circles from the canvas. Spray circles with copper paint and, once dry, attach to the tree with safety pins.
For more fun projects check out our Christmas craft project collection