Summer evenings with a creamy cheesecake – yes please! Add matcha to your recipe for a healthy kick.
Serves 6 preparation time 10 minutes (begin a day ahead) cooking time 20 minutes (plus 3 hours chilling time)
1½ cups almond meal
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to grease tin
1 tbsp rapadura sugar
4 gold-strength gelatine sheets
500g cream cheese (at room temperature), cut into cubes
¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup Greek yoghurt
1 heaped tsp matcha powder
1. Liberally grease an 18cm cake tin (with a removable base) with butter. Line the base with baking paper and, with a separate length of baking paper, line the side of the tin.
2. Mix together the almond meal, melted butter and rapadura sugar. Press evenly into base of the tin and place in the refrigerator to chill.
3. Soak gelatine leaves in a bowl with plenty of cold water for 5 minutes.
4. Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, beat together the cream cheese, condensed milk, yoghurt and matcha powder on a high speed until smooth and free from lumps. Drain gelatine and squeeze out any excess liquid. Transfer gelatine to a small saucepan with 2 tablespoons of the cheesecake mixture. Stir over a low heat until melted and lump free. Add the gelatine mixture into the rest of the cheesecake mixture and whisk again until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.
5. Spoon the mixture onto the base and tap the tin to release any air bubbles. Refrigerate further for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
6. To serve, carefully run a knife around the tin and remove cake.
Recipe and food styling by Mish Lilley of Mish Delish.