A modern take on the traditional hanging basket, placing the same plant in pots along a shelf can add fresh interest and texture to a room.
What you will need
- Small bulb-like vessels filled with water (we used Baroque and Seed Pearl vases, from Dinosaur Designs);
- Small pebbles to add weight;
- Cut lengths of hanging plants (we used Chain of Hearts Ceropegia woodii plants, from Gardens-R-Us);
- A pair of scissors
Tip: Most hanging basket plants will work for this project, as will potted hanging plants.
1. Line a row of vessels filled with water along a shelf. Place some pebbles inside each to prevent them from toppling over.
2. Next, place a cut length of plant in each vessel so it drapes over the edge of the shelf.
3. Trim the ends of each plant with scissors to the length you want.